Thursday, July 7, 2011

Standing

As a quick timeline of important steps on this project -

August 12, 2010 - We attended Celebration V in Orlando, FL.  I was introduced at this point to the "Droid Builder's Room" and got to talk to a bunch of really neat folks that were all in various stages of building a droid.  At this point, I was thinking "wow, this would be cool"

August 13, 2010 - I take to plunge and join the builder's group.  I start figuring out which droid I want to build.

August 16, 2010 - The first official blog post (before I started posting to this blog)

November 2, 2010 - I start a new blog dedicated to the build of the droid.

March 24, 2011 - Megacon 2011.  The spark that got me moving on my droid again!

July 7, 2011 - The first time I get Arfour standing on all 3 legs!





I'm really pleased that she's standing, but it looks like I'm going to have some fixing to do on the legs to get the a little more straight.  All in all I have to say this is probably the best feeling I've had since starting the project. I may need to find a better center caster, and I'll definitely need to get the lock built for the center foot.. but.. ARFOUR IS STANDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment