Sunday, July 24, 2011

Center Foot

 It was going to be another hot day, so I got an early start working on the center foot.  My goal was to get the rest of the parts cut out, and maybe get the bottom, front and back glued on.  That said, I managed to get most of the main pieces cut out and glue onto her, and play around with how I'm mounting the foot to the ankle (which isn't going to be how I deal with it going forward, mind you.

As it stands, it looks really nice.  I'm pleased with the progress, and I just need to get the tops put on before I start skinning it.
I did make another variation from Dave's plans (which for the most part I do not do, as they are so well planned out), but I drilled out a hole to put the bolt in.  Originally I was going to keep with my plan to have just a single bolt and a nut on the opposite side, but so far this has been increasingly impracticable.   Just bolting the foot on was a challenge without the top on it, I cannot imagine what it'll be like when I cannot use the top to hold the bolt in place.

What I'll do is either is have the center of the ankle be threaded, or mount a nut into one side of the foot.  And I still need to determine how I'm going to conceal that access hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment