Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why Arfour?

I've been meaning to post about this for a while, as a general blog post:  Why did I choose to build R4-P17?

The biggest factor is that I was initially too intimidated to build R2-D2 when I was joined the club.  R2 is iconic, and I felt that on a first pass I'd be way too "nit picky" with it.  Is the color blue right, what if this one part didn't look just the way it should, etc.  But I really didn't want to build a generic droid, or one that saw little (or no) screen time.  Arfour seemed to be a good middle ground:  She's a named droid in the new trilogy, she gets a reasonable amount of screen time, and is a part of the Jedi's fleet.  This settled which droid I was going to build.

Then I read Don Bies' blog about her - http://blogs.starwars.com/droids/1.  If I hadn't sealed the deal already, it totally re-enforced my desire to build this particular droid.  The fact that it's a droid that had more than a passing part in the movies, even if only a couple of cameos really, and that George had discussed the actual design and color of her made it even more interesting.  The fact that there are seemingly few of this designation at most of the conventions should make her stand out a little more and be fun to wheel about, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment