Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another Dome Update




As I suspected, this week is all about working on the fiberglass dome.  Last night was all about finishing the cut-outs and getting the pie panels etched so they looked appropriate.  I had some divine inspiration after etching the corners, and used a piece of sandpaper folded in half to smooth the edges and make it look really clean on both sides.

After getting the pie panels looking nice and clean, I moved on to the "magic panel" and the rear logic display cut outs.  The magic panel was the part that I was the most nervous about, because it has rounded edges on the cut out area.  At first the top was more of an arch than a rounded rectangle, and I think I need to work on the bottom sides a bit more, but I'm pretty happy overall with how it turned out.


I still have a fair amount of work to do on the dome before it's time to re-prime and paint it, but it's moving along rather nicely.  And I still can't resist lighting it from the inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment